MRAID is an initiative from the IAB to define a common API for mobile rich media advertisements, in order to help the mobile marketplace reach new levels of consistency, efficiency and effectiveness. Adopting a common standard for rich media in applications will make building rich media ads simpler and enable advertisers to reach a wider audience with a single creative.
For publishers who use DFP to deliver ads to mobile applications, the new Google AdMob SDK gives your advertisers the flexibility to provide creatives that work seamlessly across any application, regardless of the device, platform, or ad technology involved. Using an MRAID-compliant SDK also enables publishers to:
- Work with a greater range of vendors to produce rich media campaigns
- Reduce integration and maintenance costs by removing vendor-specific SDKs
- Develop differentiated ad formats against a stable, vendor-neutral platform
- Attract large scale advertisers building high value, high reach campaigns
- Use HTML5 creatives across mobile web and mobile apps