Audience extension enables you to reach your audience across other publishers, bundle these impressions with your own inventory, and resell those packages to your direct advertisers at a premium. Audience extension inventory comes from the vast pool of brand safe inventory via publishers on DoubleClick Ad Exchange. Audience Extension can be used without leaving DFP; flight dates, targeting and bid parameters are set directly within your core ad server.
Audience extension is best suited to publishers with high value content channels within their owned and operated inventory that are consistently sold out, or who have defined audiences onsite that have a value to advertisers that transcends the context of their own site. It’s also used by publishers looking to reach a critical mass of users from a given geo-location.
- A single place to manage, execute and optimize buying across owned & operated and external inventory
- Bid management capabilities integrated in the core ad server
- Integrated data management
- Cross-inventory performance reporting, analytics & insights
- Complexity hidden from sales team & ad operations
Posted by Sean Harvey, Business Product Manager